Saturday, May 29, 2010

Overwhelmed.

Do you ever have that feeling? I stay so focused on day-to-day 'must-do' things, prepping for the upcoming weekend, personal commitments and trying to get caught up on much needed projects that I get to my blog much later than hoped. The weekend of the 21st, 22nd and 23rd was crazy-busy. A School dance and 2 wedding receptions rounded out the 3 day run. Energy-packed dancing was enjoyed by the kids from Marquardt Middle School - Go class of 2010! My bride and groom (Margaret and Eddie)for Saturday were extremely gracious and generous hosts. I was astounded by their $200 tip! Thank you soooooo much! Sunday's couple, Dena and Jeff, had actually seen me at her Mom's wedding 3 years ago. While the heat was a little more than bargained for, everyone had a great time minus the inconvenience of "Fairway Banquet's" (Niles IL) problematic electrical circuitry. They have their outdoor beer coolers hooked up to the same power circuit as the DJ. Good grief, in five years with my miserly gear, I have yet to come even close to blowing circuits, so it was quite a shock (no pun intended) when this happened. Albeit this was just a minor inconvenience for the guests, but worry-some for the bride and family. I would steer clear of using this place until they take the initiative to run a separate line, which could easily be done from the outside of the building. They admitted this has been a nagging problem, go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment