Sunday, December 13, 2009

Metropolis Ballroom - Arlington Heights

Anna and Steve's wedding reception last night 12/12/09 really was a five-star event come to life. I've never seen an 'Estate' table (head table) before. With over 200 guests present, there still was room to put eight 3' x 6' tables (2 sets of four) down the center of the room. While I was contracted til Midnight, a great time was expected with the last shuttle being set to leave at 2am. (This was a first!) Come the twelve o'clock hour, I not only got a big hug from the bride and a tip from the groom but BOTH sets of Parents also had compliments galore, along with several guests who stopped by on their way out as I was packing up, to throw a kudo or two my way. Being the Christmas season, as a last minute thought I borrowed and brought a green and red laser effect to compliment to festivities. Good choice, I believe, as it exploded with awesome color patterns to fill this sizeable venue. I was a little apprehensive at first wondering if it might be 'too over the top', but it was perfect and nothing short of spectacular. (I will consider offering this to all customers!) Food and venue report: I have to say that the clam chowder/seafood medley soup was outstanding. While the hall was beautifully appointed, with a delightful view of downtown Arlington Heights, unfortunately the many hard surfaces (including a hardwood floor), windows and vaulted ceiling make for a very noisy environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment